Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sulfa Stinks!

Alright, so many of you know back in January I came down with a terrible…TERRIBLE…allergic reaction. I am apparently allergic to sulfa. Who’d a thunk!

allergic reaction n.
A local or generalized reaction of an organism to internal or external contact with a specific allergen to which the organism has been previously sensitized.

Nowhere in this definition does it say anything about it lasting FOREVER! I never in a million years would have thought that an allergic reaction would take such a toll on my body. All of the training that I had done, gone. It put me on my butt for over a month and ever since a little before Denver, I have been building my endurance back up.

IT IS THE CRAZIEST THING! I don’t know why, but I have had this weird cough thing going on. I’m not sure if it is allergies…or if it a weird side effect of the allergic reaction that just came way late... or if secretly I am coughing because it is the first step until I start breathing fire like a dragon. Really though, these attack thingy’s like to come when I am talking to people. And they have gotten a lot better than what they were before, but seriously, all of the sudden I just start coughing like a maniac mid conversation and the person next to me is like, “BETH…are you okay?!?!” And I’m like spitting out mucus and pretending I know sign language. It happened when I was talking to mike lauckner on the phone the other day and he thought that I had died! Sorry for the scare mike…

All of that said, I have been getting out and biking around the neighborhood and every time I bike, my throat feels amazing! So this is a good sign. I can’t wait to be with a group of people! I’m loving the training now and I can only imagine what it’s going to be like with 30 people! 58 degrees and sunny today. Once I get out of class, I’m hitting the pavement!

1 comment:

  1. Beth!

    You did give me a scare... though it's a great sign that biking is helping you out. I'm SO excited for your journey across America and the effect it is going to have on you. You're wonder woman, for realz.

    Miss you like a bro and sis in Christ,
    (15 second pose)

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete